Welcome

If this is your first time here start with the oldest entry and read forward. If you don't have time to read everything in it's entirety, at least take a look at the recommended items to purchase at the bottom of most posts.

8.23.2011

Emergency Preparedness Introduction

The postings in this blog are geared towards those living in San Francisco but can be applied to many urban settings. Much of it can also be applied to areas outside of urban environments with a little adjustment.

Don't let preparing for an emergency overwhelm you into doing nothing. It can seem like a daunting task but by breaking down your preparation into a few simple steps, you can be ready in no time.

Ask yourself the following questions:
- What do I need if I can't go home for 24 hours?
- What do I need if I can't go home for 2 days?
- What do I need if I can't go home for 3 days?
- What do I need if I can't go home for a week?

We'll start small and work our way up from there.

In Home Supplies
Initial Goal: 3 Days
Intermediate Goal: 7 Days
Advanced Goal: Two week or more

Portable Supplies (ie backpack / evacuation bag)
Initial Goal: 1-2 Days
Intermediate Goal: 3-5 Days
Advanced Goal: 7 Days or more

Note, you don't have to read these posts in their entirety since some of them may have more information than you're looking for. At least skip to the end of each one and look at the recommended items to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment